The vision of Peace School is the realization of peace among children along with sustainable growth through skills transfer and financial support to needy children. The School aims at:
- Providing education in an ethically learning environment so that children can appreciate their culture, values, and norms and strive for the development of our country.
- Providing direct financial support to poor children and orphans whose parents or relatives cannot afford school fees.
- Providing mindfulness-based education in order to contribute to individual peace, society and environment
- Creating an environment where children, teachers and the community are involved in positive activities that ensure socio-economic welfare in the community.
In addition, UBC has continuously mobilized education materials and offered them to the Peace School children (50) from poor families to support their education. The materials include dozens of exercise books, pens, pencils, rulers and mathematical sets. Some children have also been selected for scholarship funds through our Scholarship Fund program and we intend to carry on with the children’s scholarship program and education with our limited funds, we therefore call upon anyone who would like to support the same cause to contact us.
With the limited available Buddhist literature and teachers, children have also been introduced to meditation, Buddhist values and English language in which we have instilled a sense of hope and empowerment in their future in the bid to archive a positively transformed nation.
We also hope to implement our computer program for the community where we shall avail computer classes at the temple to equip children with adequate skills which they will then apply in the ever competitive and computerized global village.
- Uganda Buddhist Centre lacks permanent classrooms to teach children
We teach children under a temporary tent, which has affected our classes due to the dynamics in weather. During rainy seasons, the children are exposed to coldness, and high chances for wind to blow the tent. During sunny days, the tent becomes too hot.
- We need to raise US$500,000 to buy more land and construct sustainably habitable structures for a school school.
- Children attend to their school programs full time
- Children learn meditation
- Awakened and encouraged love for peace and truth in their lives
- Stimulation of desire to live in a better world of no suffering with plenty of love and happiness
- Awakened a sense of gratitude and contentment among children